Praia das Milícias


I have recently been very lazy about taking my dslr camera. I prefer to be relaxed with Pandora when I go outdoors and a smarphone is much handier.
However, yesterday I experienced again that pleasant feeling, when you are at the perfect spot, at the exact time, with amazing light conditions, and overall with a decent camera to capture the moment.

Praia das Milícias is one of the most popular beaches in São Miguel. It's located in the parish of São Roque, about 4 km from Ponta Delgada.
It gets a bit busy during summer, especially July and August, but the rest of the year it's a lovely place to walk or just look at the horizon. The sea is quite calm here. However it sometimes offers good conditions for surfers and bodyboarders. You can find accommodation and restaurants nearby.







1 Experiences: